27th November 2002
Today, Cy-nap the parent company of the txttools brand launched it’s own campaign on junk txt. The aim of the campaign is to raise awareness of the unacceptable growth in unsolicited txt messages sent to mobile phones.
Not every company working in the text messaging field is out to bombard users with junk txt. The last year has seen a growth in people starting to adopt txt messaging for solid business communication, of the 1.4 billion messages a month, now almost 18% of this is business use.
“We could see that unwanted junk txt messages were an increasing source of annoyance for everyone. There has been negative publicity in recent months, for what are effectively ‘get rich quick scams’, is potentially damaging to this fledgling market. We looked to adopt existing protocols and astonishingly found that nothing existed that we thought was suitable. We decided to make it clear to our customers and partners where we stood on this issue. Our partners welcome the initiative and we now write our philosophy into all our agreements.” states Stephen McCann, managing director.
The company is not looking to become an unofficial policeman for the txt tool industry. txttools simply wanted to make it’s own stand on the potentially very damaging practice of sending junk mail to people’s mobile phones. Hopefully the general public will realise that not all txt messages sent to them by organisations are junk. Of course txttools are happy for any reputable company to adopt our philosophy so long as they agree to abide by our promises.
no junk txt – the philosophy and promise:
• Your mobile phone is personal to you.
• We facilitate txt messages to be sent to your phone, we will only send messages that are valuable to you and that you have agreed to receive. You may receive information from your child’s school, from work or about an appointment you have. You may have chosen to receive content: perhaps wine tips, health tips or horoscopes.
• We promise to never knowingly send unsolicited messages and we will never pass on your details to a third party.
• Unwanted sales txt messages to your mobile phone are an intrusion. It is important to us that every message that you receive through txttools is a message you are happy to receive.
• We have an audit trail, so we know who sent what messages where. If for any reason you think you are receiving messages that you are did not ask for or are unhappy to receive, please let us know, we will look into it and get back to you straight away.
• Text messaging is a great, fast, cheap and simple communication method, and it should not be abused. Cynap and its partners rely on your goodwill to ensure that we can continue to provide value added services that you respect and want to receive and we cannot continue to do this if users start to ignore their text messages.
• All of the partners agree to abide by our philosophy.
“mobile technology helping people to manage their lives”
The company was established in January 2001 and is the result of over 14 years of innovation within the technology market. Since formation a number of SMS software tools have been developed to enable partners to liberate their own content in new SMS marketing channels, leveraging additional value to the products and services partners offer.
txttools works with partners who create services for business to consumer clients and with partners who provide services and content directly to their consumers. These partners encompass a variety of business markets including publishing, law, web development, retail, health, and many organisations such as schools and surgeries. In fact any group that has a need to communicate to people, be they customers, subscribers, members or staff. SMS Text messaging is rapidly opening up new channels for both information and marketing.
© 2002 txttools is a brand of Cy-nap Limited