To continue providing you with the high level of service you’ve come to expect, we will move the hosting of our Blackboard ConnectTxt service from London to our dedicated in-house datacentre in Amsterdam. This move will take place on Friday 23 October 2015 at 10.00pm, and the service will be unavailable for up to 8 hours. Since your business may be affected by the downtime, we ask that you read this email, which contains more information.
Key benefits to your business
- Your data will continue to reside within the borders of the European Union, specifically in our Amsterdam facilities.
- We deploy best in class Tier-4 datacentres and infrastructure. This tier-4 datacentre has fully redundant* and fully fault-tolerant capacity components (i.e. power systems, chillers, HVAC systems, uplinks, etc.) *Fully redundant means that there’s more than one of the same capacity components to immediately take over the capacity/ function if the primary component fails.
- Security standards. Our datacentre facilities adhere to the industry’s leading security standards including ISO27001 and PCI DSS.
- Security. Physical security (24×7 Security personnel, Biometrics, Closed Circuit Camera System), network security, and 3 levels of data backups provisioned daily, 3rd party testing and certification.
- Reliability. 99.9% availability guarantee backed up by best in class Tier-4 datacentre, multiple Internet (ISP) Connections, and redundant A-side / B-side network infrastructure.
What does this move involve?
To complete the move, there will be an extended period of down time. The downtime is expected to start at 10:00pm (BST) on Friday 23rd October and will end no later than 8:00am on Saturday 24th October. We recommend that you work ahead to ensure that you experience as little inconvenience as possible from the system downtime.
Blackboard will naturally make every effort to ensure that everything runs as smoothly as possible during this weekend. To keep you informed of the move you can click here which allows you to track the progress of the migration throughout the weekend.
Completion of the move
As soon as the move has been completed, we will provide an update on the website.
To ensure that you are well prepared, we recommend that if you have planned for messages to be sent or received during the period of the move, you reach out to our dedicated team, who will be pleased to assist you.
We’re here to help
If you have any questions, please contact our team and we’ll be happy to help.
We apologise for the inconvenience this will cause for you but we are extremely grateful for your understanding.
Your Blackboard ConnectTxt Client Success Team